Saturday, January 21, 2012

unfailing hope

"For to the end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God" 2 Timothy 4:10a.


"He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will deliver us again" 2 Corinthians 1:10.


"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You" Psalm 39:7.


"According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead"1 Peter 3b.

What is this unfailing hope? According to Titus 2:13-14, our "blessed hope" is the "appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works".

I don't know what I would do without this hope that the Lord brings to my life. HE is my unfailing hope, the reason that I can live abundantly. I'm so thankful! He's the very reason for my joy, zest for life, love, wholeness, worship and my hope.

This song by Aaron Shust (My Hope Is In You), which I've been listening to a bunch lately, sums it up perfectly. Lord, may this be my heart's song to You all the days of my life! What a glorious hope we have in You!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Annie! :) I always repeat to myself, "Your hope is in the Lord," which is a much needed reminder. I loved reading all the passages in this post because it showed a glimpse of how much hope inundates the Word and how Jesus is our sole hope as well! I love how you described the Lord and used "zest for life"! Ah that made me smile, because it's simply true! Love you!

    ReplyDelete