Friday, January 6, 2012

the name above all names

I just started a new bible study that I'm super excited about! It's Beth Moore's Jesus study through the book of Luke, called 90 Days with the One and Only. Just what my soul has been thirsting for- an in-depth study all about Jesus, His character and His life. My precious Jesus. Words can never adequately capture my love for Jesus. He is absolutely everything to me, the very dearest person in my life; the one who I long to seek, love, worship, obey and give everything to. In fact, without Him I am nothing at all.

The more I get to know Him, the more I'm captivated by Him and the less I want of myself. His love and entire being are too huge, wide and deep to grasp. I can't possibly wrap my puny little mind around His magnificence and power. Even the sound of His name evokes such a tenderness, sweetness and love in my heart unlike any other. Jesus. The very name that signifies my salvation! One above all other names. One that's universally understood regardless of language. One that saves souls destined for death. One that some despise and use in vain. One that defined the history of this world. One that has all victory, glory and honor. One to which every knee will bow and tongue confess one day soon.

I can't imagine the magnitude of when Gabriel told Mary, "You are to give Him the name Jesus" (Luke 1:31). What must it have been like to hear the very first proclamation of our Savior's name since the beginning of time? The name of the Son to come humbly in the form of a servant to save the lost by bearing the weight of all sin and God's wrath on a cross, then to rise again and give us life! Oh how I thank you, my dear Jesus! My thankfulness could never be enough to measure up to what You deserve, but I give you all of my life, all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment