Thursday, March 15, 2012

if only I were a coffee drinker...

Well, it's after 2:30 am in the morning and considering my full day tomorrow, I definitely shouldn't be writing a blog post right now, but I need a tiny break from my study session :) So I thought, well I may as well write! I still have SO much to study before tomorrow (a bio exam, along with chemistry and spanish quizzes await me), but I'm still just trying to focus on the fact that the Lord's strength will not fail me and mentally pump myself up to keep on going, haha. It's times like these that I wish I was a coffee drinker... the only problems are 1) that I don't like the taste of coffee (kind of essential) without atleast three-fourths of it being creamer and 2) the few times that I've actually sucked down a cup or two, the caffeine seems to have no affect on my body. Double bummer. So instead, I'm drinking Chai tea and listening to Leona Lewis and Coldplay- trying to keep myself awake and my brain active enough to retain any sort of information that I can. Lord help me! I feel like I'm sort of falling apart at the seams physically and mentally- definitely an exhausted mess. I still haven't unpacked from our Oregon family/Pure Rebellion trip two and half weeks ago, I have yet to get any laundry done, more than a couple hours of sleep each night or any motivation to look remotely presentable. But I'm so thankful for the sweet times of reliance on the Lord that even these somewhat silly, yet difficult moments of physical weakness can produce. Thank you, Lord, that even when I feel like I'm falling apart, you hold every atom of my body together and you preserve my entire being. I'm so thankful and humbled by Your faithfulness!

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4


"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26


"'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.. for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10b

No comments:

Post a Comment