Sunday, February 12, 2012

home sweet home

I am a true Colorado girl at heart. I couldn't be more blessed than to have lived here for 16 years. I may be a California girl by birth, but this is my home sweet home :) Well, my earthly home at least :) Now, don't get me wrong, I love California too. Especially because of the ocean! But I can't imagine living anywhere else, unless God called me away from here. No matter where I go, I always know I'm "home" when I see those huge Colorado mountains in the horizon and the clearest of blue skies. And that's how I picture feeling when I someday reach my true heavenly home with Jesus, getting to run into His loving, everlasting arms. That is my real home, the place that my soul longs to be :)

But while God still has me here, I'm blessed beyond belief to rejoice in each beautiful day that He gives me. It's been cold and snowy all weekend long, which I absolutely LOVE! There's something so comforting and home-like about getting to wake up to a winter wonderland- all of the trees and mountains glistening with what looks like crystal, fluffy, powdered sugar. It's one of my favorite things :) I always get the same feeling of excitement and awe when I see a beautiful, white canvas of snow, like a little girl waiting for Christmas morning to approach. It's as if I get to watch the Lord paint the sky and earth with all of His magnificence and creativity. Every wet snow flake that brushes against my cold face is a drop of His paint :) I think it's one of the most breathtaking sights and experiences! So I just loved it today! I couldn't stop peering through the foggy windows to the white-washed outdoors and thinking about how great the Lord is. Isn't it funny how something so simple, like God's gift of snow, can make us step back in awe of Him and still ourselves? 




No comments:

Post a Comment