Friday, November 18, 2011

hello!

Hi!

This is my first-ever blog post and I'm very excited :)

Wow, I can honestly say that it's been a long time coming since I first wanted to start a blog. So I'm extremely happy that I finally have one now!

I am a writer at heart and I love that God has given us the sweet gift of writing. So often my writing ends up being more like journaling to the Lord, simply talking to Him or of Him. But it's so cleansing to my soul and refreshing to put things down on a page (or in this case, a blog).

Anyway, I figure that I should first explain the name of my blog a bit. Sometimes I find that the title of something I write can be the hardest thing to come up with because it defines the rest of what's written. Likewise, the name of my blog really defines my life and my walk with the Lord, especially during this season. I am simply learning to abide in Him more each day, to know Him more intimately, to trust Him more faithfully, to LOVE Him more deeply. And how can I help but do anything else when He is so deserving of all of my praise? Thank you Jesus!
I'll explain more in my next blog, but the Lord placed this very simple phrase (learning to abide) on my heart a few weeks ago and I'm so excited for this journey as I truly learn to ABIDE in Him step-by-step in this life.

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay I found it! I'm SO glad that you've been able to start blogging Anneliese! It totally helps just organize things sometimes. And it's so wonderful to read your journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you SO much for your sweet comments and encouragement Katy! And thanks so much for wanting to read my blog and be my first follower :) I couldn't think of a better person! You are amazing hermana! ;) I love you and I absolutely love to read YOUR journaling! :)

    ReplyDelete