Monday, June 4, 2012

He's here

You know those moments when you simply long to hear God's voice whisper into your ear? To feel Him so tangibly that you know He's right next to you, walking beside you and living in your heart each moment? That's what I've been desiring more than ever lately.

The other day I felt Him put a question on my mind...
"Sweet daughter, who or what makes you come alive?" He asked.
And then He told me, "Annie, it's me :) I make you come alive. I make you who you are." I wrote it down as soon as He pressed it on my heart and I haven't been able to stop smiling about it since.

It lit me up because, in that moment, it was as if I could sense the huge smile behind His voice and the love in His tone. He is such a personal God, desiring more than anything to meet with His children so that we might experience Him for who He truly is and be forever changed. And He makes us exactly who we are, who we're supposed to be. 

He's the one who has captured my heart and soul. Just spending time with Him revives me from my lifeless, dull, wretched state without Him. He literally gives me life. He's my joy and my sustainment. No matter my insecurities or the expectations I sometimes feel to be someone that I'm not, He is the one who has made me who I am and is shaping and molding me constantly. He's here :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment